Safety is Paramount at Safefill
Standard rented gas cylinders are not intended to be refilled by the customer - and much is said about the dangers and legal implications of doing so. We couldn’t agree more. Safefill cylinders are designed to be refilled.
Our cylinders, manufactured by Hexagon Ragasco, have an unmatched safety record and feature:
- Automatic overfill prevention device - prevents refilling past 80%
- Additional back-check valve if you accidentally forget to close the valve after filling
- Tamper-proof fittings which only allow gas to exit when connected to an appliance
- No complicated hoses or adapters to connect; UK filling guns fits directly onto the Safefill valve
General LPG Safety Advice
- Always keep your cylinder in an upright position.
- Do not drop your cylinder from your vehicle as damage to bottles and valves can be caused.
- Never change or store cylinders in the presence of naked flames.
- Never store or use below ground level, as any leakage will collect at low levels.
- Storage should be well ventilated, preferably outdoors.
- Don't use tools to operate bottle valves.
- Check hoses regularly. Ensure the cylinder is properly secured with hose clips. If hoses are damaged or showing signs of wear, replace them (using hose of correct quality).