Safety is Paramount at Safefill
Standard rented gas cylinders are not intended to be refilled by the customer - and much is said about the dangers and legal implications of doing so. We couldn’t agree more. Safefill cylinders are designed to be refilled.
Our cylinders feature:
- Automatic overfill prevention device
- Additional back-check valve if you accidentally forget to close the valve after filling
- Tamper-proof fittings which only allow gas to exit when connected to an appliance
General LPG Safety Advice
- Always keep your cylinder in an upright position.
- Do not drop your cylinder from your vehicle as damage to bottles and valves can be caused.
- Never change or store cylinders in the presence of naked flames.
- Never store or use below ground level, as any leakage will collect at low levels.
- Storage should be well ventilated, preferably outdoors.
- Don't use tools to operate bottle valves.
- Check hoses regularly. Ensure the cylinder is properly secured with hose clips. If hoses are damaged or showing signs of wear, replace them (using hose of correct quality).